Information present on the notecard included :
So you think you want to keep an Osaguar as a pet? They are feisty little mounts, that are sure to keep you on your toes. Maybe if I were to tell you a bit more about it, you will be up for the challenge.
The Osaguar is a desert creature, often used as a speedy, reliable mount, but they can be slightly territorial. By default, the creature will always love their owner, which would be you, if you decide to get one. They will have a very hard time warming up to others, but with enough exposure to a person, they might trust others as well. They are pack animals, so will seek out other Osaguars to play with when they are bored. These creatures are always looking for something to do, weather chew on some meat, play with a toy, or skip around. They are omnivores, so will graze on the ground, or seek out meat chunks to chew on if you put some out for them. They HATE snakes, so do NOT keep snakes anywhere near this animal, or it will hunt them down, and exterminate them. They are roughly the size of a horse, but are a bit more nimble, making them a great two person mount. They are said to have originated from dragons, but are rumored to have some feline ancestry in them as well, but nobody really knows where they came from.
If a Osaguar likes you enough, it will let you ride it with one other person. As the owner, you can tell it to shake off certain groups of people such as:
- Anyone but its owner.
- Anyone in a group.
The ONE exception to this rule, is that it will NOT let people it doesn’t like ride it, and they will have to be accompanied by someone it does trust.
This creature primarily eats meat which is included in your set. Simple rez out the item, and your creature will walk towards it when its hungry, and eat from it.
♥ Features ♥
- Fully animesh, animated pet, at only 37 land impact.
- Smart, advanced, Non physical movement, so you do not have to worry about pathfinding, and they will not bounce around, fall over, or fall off of a platform.
- Can wander, Follow people, be worn as a mount, or you can ride it when rezzed out. (Only one seater)
- Will like and dislike specific avatars, or other pets, But with enough exposure to someone, they will start to like them.
- When in wandering mode, this pet will emote, eat, interact with avatars, other pets, and specific objects.
- You can get it to follow yourself / people around your land with slope/obstacle detection. It will try to find a way around any obstacle to get to its target.
- You can take it into your inventory, and wear him around as a mount.
- Multiple walking/running speeds when far away, or when riding.
- Particles will play during emotes: hearts for cuddling someone, blood for biting someone… etc
- You can set its access to open, owner, and group
- You can rename your pet to anything you desire.
- Customizable wander radius.
- Multiple texture options.
♥ Included in this set ♥
- The Osaguar pet
- Food items
- Toy items
- Bed items/cages
♥ How to use ♥
- Getting started:
!!!!! WHEN MAKING A NEW PET, REZ IT FROM YOUR INVENTORY. DONT DRAG AND COPY IN-WORLD
Simply rez out your pet object from your inventory. Make sure there are not too many obstacles in the way, as it is a bigger creature, and will bump into everything. They like a bit of space. Make sure the pet is positioned above the ground that you want it to wander on.
Click in the Pet. (if you are having problems touching it, right click on the pet, and select touch from the menu). A dialog menu should pop up. Select radius from the menu, and type in a number from 1-30 meters. This is how far your pet will wander from the starting point. Make sure your creature is positioned around where you want it to wander within, and click on it again. Click on wander. It will start to walk around, and emote. This is where it interacts with people/items/pets in its territory.
To wear your pet as a mount, pick it up into your inventory. Right click on the mount-add.
TO ride this creature as a vehicle with other people, Make sure it is rezzed on the ground. Right click on it, and select « Ride ». If the creature likes you, or you have access permissions, it will let you steer it. To speed up, double tap the fwd arrow. To slow down, press the fwd and back arrow at the same time. Due to physics limitations, if you are stuck after a jump, simply release the fwd arrow, and press it again to keep moving.
Your creature can follow anyone close to it. Simply click on the pet, select follow from the menu, and click on the person you want it to follow.